RaceFlux's reflective aluminized Kevlar sleeve is designed to protect hoses, wires and cables from continuous radiant heat exposure up to 500°F and short-term exposure up to 1,000°F. This light-weight sleeve reflects approximately 90% of radiant heat energy to protect sensitive components from heat exposure. The high-strength Kevlar aramid fiber layer provides excellent abrasion resistance and flame resistance without the undesirable properties and handling hazards of fiberglass.
Not recommend for use in applications where periodic exposure to flames may occur. While the Kevlar layer offers excellent fire resistance, the aluminized layer will melt quickly when directly exposed to flames.
Sold in 3-foot (1 meter) lengths.
- Overall length: 3 feet (1 meter), 6 feet (1.83 meters) or 10 feet (3 meters)
- Construction: Aluminum outer layer, Kevlar aramid fiber inner layer, Kevlar thread stitching
- Operating temperatures:
- -65°F (-54°C) minimum continuous
- 500°F (260°C) maximum continuous
- 1,000°F (538°C) intermittent
- Recommended cutting tools: scissors
- Abrasion resistance: excellent